cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flennon Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Rest API time too slow

I've created a test push dataset in power BI. Using Postman, the time it takes to complete the request is roughly 1 second. It varies slightly but seems to be consistently 1 second. I've tried it in both PowerShell and Java, using Java.net's httpsURLconnection Class, but they are not any faster. This is too slow for my purposes. Could anyone advise on what I can do?

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Rest API time too slow

I don't think there is a better way to speed up the REST call.

Things that I can think out is when deploying the Power BI, make sure you have the nearest storage selected.

Read more here:

For tenant location part.

Regards,

Michael

flennon Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Rest API time too slow

This was my first experience with REST APIs, I didn't realise that you could send multiple rows per POST Request. Once I got the syntax right to send multiple rows, I had no need for multiple POST Requests per second. 

According to this microsoft link , Power BI's REST API is limited to120 POST rows requests per minute per dataset

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 521 members 4,053 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: