Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yndio
Frequent Visitor

Rest API Tile in webapp does not navigate to underlying report when click

Hello,

I've succesfully loaded tiles on my website using the rest API.

I thought that the tiles would behave the same way they do in Power BI portal. But my tiles don't navigate to reports when cliking on them.

Is that the normal behaivour when using the API or do I have an error in my app?

Thanks,

Pablo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@yndio

The tiles' navigation to reports when clicking is in DASHBOARD, while so far only Embedding TILES and REPORTS is supported.

You could check this idea Allow PowerBI dashboards to be embedded via iframe and vote it up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@yndio

The tiles' navigation to reports when clicking is in DASHBOARD, while so far only Embedding TILES and REPORTS is supported.

You could check this idea Allow PowerBI dashboards to be embedded via iframe and vote it up.

I'm afraid this won't work in Power BI Embedded scenario... You just CANNOT integrate a dashboard in an iframe, then click on any dashboard tile and expect to be relocated automatically to corresponding report (and section). One thing you can do however is get informations from the tile clicked event and use the (embeddedReporUrl+reportId) to load the corresponding report in same iframe. Once you're at the report level in the iframe, it's easy to navigate through pages. I use bookmarks. However it is NOT possible to navigate back to main dashboard at this stage. (even with javascript.history.back (-1)... In this case, you'd probably need to define variables (embeddedDashboardUrl + dasboardId) on dashboard 1st load and call it back whenever needed from a button outside the iframe..,Perhaps the best scenario would be being able to generate a similar navigation menu as in Power BI app and then being able to put the same Power BI app in an iframe but I'mean afraid we're just not there yet...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.