Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rest API Export Report In Group with response code 200 but no PBIX file

Hello, 

I am using the Export Report In Group API to extract the pbix file of a report. After indicating the group ID and the report ID I get back the the 200 as response code with just a non human readable JSON file in the body. 

Did something go wrong with the extraction or is there a use to such JSON file to obtain the pbix file? If there is, how could that be done?

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That's not a JSON file, it's a ZIP file with a .pbix extension. You are supposed to pipe the output of the call into a local file, for example via curl -o <file> . Can't test that part in the sandbox.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was indeed using the sandbox. Can you please indicate to me another approach on how to use the API to extract the pbix file? 

What's your weapon of choice? Is curl enough, do you want to do this via Powershell or maybe Power Automate?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.