Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mizujou

Responsive Y-axis in the Small Multiples

Hello PowerBI Community,

This is my first post here and I hope to find a solution to my problem or a least some leads to explore because I have been searching a few times now and I can't find anything easy to help me. 

Feel free to send me link to other messages in the community of people who had the same issue or that could help me.

Introduction:

I already created a graphic showing the evolution of consumption per day  for different cities (Picture 1). Since I have a hundred cities, I want to generate a graph per city. This is why I started using Small Multiples which gives me what I want : A graphic per City and a simple way to look at all the graphs only by scrolling down.

Capture d’écran 2022-01-25 095143.png

Picture 1:

Capture d’écran 2022-01-25 092529.png

My problematic:

Now, I have a problem because each city don't have the same size and so, don't consume the same amount. But the Y-axis of the graphs automatically updates making most of the graphs unreadable (Picture 2).

Picture 2:

small_mult.gif

My questions:

1. What would be the best way to solve my issue ? I looked at all the options of the graph but couldn't find anything helpful. I understand that the problem comes from the automatic value at the "end" option of the Y-Axis. Changing the value from automatic to a number fix the Y-axis which also don't look good.
  2. Would the best way to create my own visual ? (I have no experience with that).

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment my post.

I wish you all a good day. 🌞

3 REPLIES 3
mizujou

Hello again!

I posted my issue as an idea for a futur evolution available in Power BI. Feel free to upvote it 😁

That could help me a lot.

Microsoft Idea (powerbi.com)

Cheers!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mizujou,

According to your description, I think your requirement is related to the feature requests of the custom visual usages. In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you contact to the visual author to report the improve suggestions.

Column chart with small multiples - Power BI visuals (3agsystems.com)
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I'll do that! Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.