Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

modi123p
Helper III
Helper III

Representing hierarchical data and suitable expandable tree visual in Power BI

Hi,

I have two questions regarding representation of hierarchical data.

1.  I would like to know if power bi provides/ someone has already created an expandable tree-view visual.

I would like to have one grid with + and - in first column that would expand and show values corresponding to the child nodes.

For example, if my main grid displaysproduct category and revenue for 2 years with revenue this year in one column and revenue previous year in another. Clicking on + in a row would expand to show all products with corresponding revenues for the 2 years. (infact I have more than 2 columns to be displayed and require it to be expandable as a tree node)

2.  Is it possible to achieve drill down functionality from grid visual?

For example when you click on a row, sub-categories corresponding to the product category should be displayed with revenue columns.

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@modi123p,

As far as I know, there isn't an existing visual template for this. You may check if HierarchySlicer could be an alternative. By the way, you may follow the link below to create your own custom visual with the custom visual developer tools.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-custom-visuals-getting-started-with-develo...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors