Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

talderman
Frequent Visitor

Reports - Export To File - API ExportTo

I have a process that will create these reports as PDF, and a polling process to get information about that current process. However, there are a few limitations for this. One of which is the number of pages per hour that can be exported is 50. If a report that exceeds that 50 pages, the API returns an error and the export job is canceled. I'm okay with that. 

I'm working through the implementation and have not been about to find any documenation on, if Azure have an api or report that will show information about how many pages have been created/submitted so far?  

Maybe not because this is really only in public preview?

Here are some docs that I have been referencing. 
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/export-to

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/export-to#step-2---polling

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I asked support and got this response. 

"I double checked with the development team and unfortunately there isn't a way to monitor the number of Power BI report pages exported per hour.

The good news is that when this feature becomes a General Availability (GA) feature (sometime during 2021), the 50 page per hour restriction will be removed."

That's good news. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys, I'm also exporting reports as PDF,  I'm unable to stop hidden pages from export.

I'm using following API for getting pages list but its not giving any information about page's visibility.

https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/reports/{reportId}/pages.

It would be great if anybody can help me with this.

Best Regards,

Bilal Ahmad

You are correct. But on the other hand it was probably you who uploaded the report in the first place, so you should know which pages you have hidden.

Also note this setting:  Reports - Export To File In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The status polling API returns the completion percentage. If you know the number of pages in your report (you could pull it via the reportpages api call) then you could do the math yourself.

Keep in mind that page rendering time is not uniform, it depends on the query complexity and the visuals on each page.

By the way, the recently added Power Automate action takes a lot (a lot) of work out of this process.  Not sure about the 50 page limit - it might no have that?

I asked support and got this response. 

"I double checked with the development team and unfortunately there isn't a way to monitor the number of Power BI report pages exported per hour.

The good news is that when this feature becomes a General Availability (GA) feature (sometime during 2021), the 50 page per hour restriction will be removed."

That's good news. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors