Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report theme not sticking; possible through editing .pbix contents?

I am trying to apply a new theme to old reports. The new theme handles colors, text sizes, background colors. Applying It seems to be a recurring problem, yet I can't find a suitable solution.

The documentation states that report themes won't stick to your reports if the visual was edited manually. This does seem to be my issue. The solution seems to be, revert all visuals to default so the new theme can stick. This is nearly just as much work as changing the visuals myself (I haven't found a revert all to default button).

My question is where the information is stored that the visual was edited manually. Surely by removing/editing this information in my .pbix file, I could revert the manually edited visuals to their default state so that my theme can stick.

After extracting the contents of my .pbix file, this is the contents tree:

• StaticResources
      • RegisteredResources
      • SharedResources
        • BaseThemes
          • CY18su07.json
    • Layout
    • LinguisticSchema

* Folders & Files

CY18su07.json in StaticResources\SharedResources\BaseThemes\ does not have much information at all on the formatting of the document...

I hope you can find a suitable solution for me, it would save a lot of time.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.