Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giammariam
Super User
Super User

Report Server Custom Visual API version

We are limited to Power BI Report Server (on premise), and are currently on September 2019. What is the latest Custom Visuals API version that will work with this version of Report Server? Where is the best place to find the appropriate API version in the future?

Thanks!

Madison Giammaria
Proud to be a Super User 😄
LinkedIn

Do you frequently use Deneb to provide insights to your stakeholders? Have you considered sponsoring this free and open source custom visual? More info here!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Not a Report Server user but the API/SDK hasn't had a major update since May, so you should be fine with 2.6.0 of the API and 3.1.5 of the SDK, which is the last build before the end of August. Having looked at the minor updates to the SDK since then, you'd probably be fine with 3.1.8.

Regarding compatibility going forward or keeping track of which version supports what, this has been asked before in the Custom Visuals Development Discussion forum, and the answer was not particularly helpful, unfortunately 😞

I would say that if you want specific help, then it might be better to contact the team at pbicvsupport@microsoft.com and see if they can give you something more solid.

Good luck!

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Not a Report Server user but the API/SDK hasn't had a major update since May, so you should be fine with 2.6.0 of the API and 3.1.5 of the SDK, which is the last build before the end of August. Having looked at the minor updates to the SDK since then, you'd probably be fine with 3.1.8.

Regarding compatibility going forward or keeping track of which version supports what, this has been asked before in the Custom Visuals Development Discussion forum, and the answer was not particularly helpful, unfortunately 😞

I would say that if you want specific help, then it might be better to contact the team at pbicvsupport@microsoft.com and see if they can give you something more solid.

Good luck!

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Thank you!

Madison Giammaria
Proud to be a Super User 😄
LinkedIn

Do you frequently use Deneb to provide insights to your stakeholders? Have you considered sponsoring this free and open source custom visual? More info here!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.