Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cranial3
Frequent Visitor

Report Bursting

Hi

I deperately need a way in which I can send a single report to multiple clients based on a parameter which is passed through.

I have been messing around with the API and if there is a way to programatically(C#) render the report multiple times for each client and print them, this would solve my clients requirement.

Please assist as I am not sure how to approach this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cranial3,

Have you tried using row-level security with Power BI embedded content?

Row level security (RLS) can be used to restrict user access to data within dashboards, tiles, reports, and datasets. Multiple, different users can work with those same artifacts all while seeing different data. Embedding supports RLS. For more details, you can refer to this documentation. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KiranHosakote
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, 

Please see if this works for your requirement.

Kiran Hosakote

BI Helper: The complete solution to generate and email PDF / PPTX reports from Power BI, with Excel export of matrix and table visuals. Designed for Power BI Pro and Premium users.

Go to https://bihelper.tech/

Select your report pages to print, generate multi-page PDF / PPTX reports with slicers and filters applied to all pages, and email them to your users along with selected matrix and table visuals exported to Excel.

BI Helper uses secure Microsoft login - you can use your Power BI login to access BI Helper and it offers you a 14 day free trial. 

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cranial3,

Have you tried using row-level security with Power BI embedded content?

Row level security (RLS) can be used to restrict user access to data within dashboards, tiles, reports, and datasets. Multiple, different users can work with those same artifacts all while seeing different data. Embedding supports RLS. For more details, you can refer to this documentation. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.