Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

e1
Frequent Visitor

Removing "SHARE" icon/feature on PowerBI embed report

Hi all!!

I am not a developer, but I believe I need pro help from developer to see if what I want to do is even possible:

I want to remove the SHARE functionality that appears at the right botton corner of every Report you Share on PowerBI.com.

Maybe there are parameters that I can include on the end of HTML code, like the frameborder="0" or  allowFullScreen="true".

Is there a "allowSharing=False" available?

Is there any "workaround" to remove the users hability to share that panel/report?

Thanks for any help!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@e1 wrote:

Hi all!!

I am not a developer, but I believe I need pro help from developer to see if what I want to do is even possible:

I want to remove the SHARE functionality that appears at the right botton corner of every Report you Share on PowerBI.com.

Maybe there are parameters that I can include on the end of HTML code, like the frameborder="0" or  allowFullScreen="true".

Is there a "allowSharing=False" available?

Is there any "workaround" to remove the users hability to share that panel/report?

Thanks for any help!!!

@e1

I think you're talking about embedding a report "published to web", right?

Well, actually typically "embedding" scenarios in Power BI are using Power BI Embedded and Power BI REST API, which provides more security. In my opinion, when "published to web", it is encouraged to share, that's why I think there's a share button. 

AFAIK, there's no way to disable that share button, you can check this idea Remove SHARE ITEM and vote it up. As a workaround, maybe use Power BI Embedded, though it is not a friendly way to non-developers.

e1
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for your reply!

We have no development background here, so using those advanced features like Rest API is out of question.

I was hoping others had the same "problem", so maybe there was a workaround to this, as I was able to remove the button from the code edditing it, but it would no "save" the new editting, and reload everything again from the server later.

Theres another IDEA about the same stuff:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/16498078-disable-share-buttons

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.