Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dennes
Frequent Visitor

Remove title and footer from embedded report

Hi,

I'm creating an embedded report using this walkthrough ( https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-developer-embed-sample-app-owns-data/).

However, the resulting embedded report always have an empty space for title and footer, like the image below.

Screenshot (63).png

I know it's possible to remove this space because the sample at https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html# appears without title or footer. That's my objective, but I couldn't figure out how to achieve this.

Any idea?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Johnmatta
Advocate I
Advocate I

Here is the solution to this - just figured it out yesterday 🙂

In the first line of the embed link you will find two numbers for height and width. Play around with these two numbers as these number control the size of the embedded page.

My embed code that worked for embedding in Share point has the below numbers:
<iframe width="980" height="600"

While that will work for a static web page it won't work so well when taking responsive web design into consideration.  

People have monitors of varying sizes and pixel densities so arbitrarily picking a size isn't the best solution.  Instead we tend to allocate a percent of the available space so that the window can grow and shrink to give people the best possible viewing experience.  I really hope that the PowerBI Devs realize this and will enable responsive reports (similar to the power bi mobile experience) that can grow/shrink within the iframe properly like many other modern web tools.

joshcomputer1
Helper V
Helper V

same problem here. There is always grey space at the top and bottom. I wish it could go away with resizing. 

rossnruthie
Resolver I
Resolver I

It's not due to a title or footer.  It's because the report size is static and not responsive and therefore cannot dynamically adjust to the space they are given.  We have several embedded reports and the grey space exists on the sides rather than the top and bottom.  Ideally they should build in the ability to make power bi reports themselves responsive similar to the way the mobile reports function.  They've added responsive visuals inside of reports but I think the next logical step is to make the reports themselves responsive especially now that embedding is gaining in popularity.

Also, When i load the embedded report example you are right, there is no space at the top or bottom. But when i make the browser not maximized, I can see the grey space.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.