Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giramswa
Helper II
Helper II

Reminder Email to user based on data in Power BI report

I have a Power BI dashboard that contains a table with below columns (Project Number, PM Name, PM Email Adress, Available Project Hours)

giramswa_0-1663761237426.png

I need to automate sending reminder email to Project Managers if they have more than 60 project hours available. I believe Power Automate can be used to do this, but looking for help on how to do it?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @giramswa,

The simple way is to create a measure to trace these data and use it to create visuals. Then you can enable a data alert on the card to send an email if the data has exceeded the target.

Set data alerts in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

For Power Automate, you need to set a trigger to trace the dataset records, then you can use it to send emails.

Integrate Power BI data alerts with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for tyour unputs. Can you please share an example or provide more details? 

I already have a table with column for Available Project Hours. 

I can write measure to check if Available Project Hours are greater than 60. 

What to put on the card because card can show only one value, but I need to perform check on all rows of the table visual and email only those PMs having more than 60 hours?
- If I put measure on the card, its blank.
- If I put Project Hours, they are summed up

I am unable to figure out what to show on the card that would trigger the alert. 

Hi @giramswa,

If you mean to accurately send the notice of corresponding users, I think the data alert notice show not suitable for this scenario. Please take a look at the following blog about triggers:

Power Automate Trigger Conditions [33 Useful Examples] - SPGuides

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.