Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lvmoraes
Helper I
Helper I

Relation between azure and Power BI

Hi,

I'm just looking for an explanation about PowerBI/Azure relationship.

When I create a power BI pro online portal, I know it is managed by azure in the Backend.

But do I get a subscription? How does it works?

The reason I am asking is because I have to grant access to an application to access PowerBI, but when I try to do that from azure, i get a message saying I don't have the privileges. I don't know how is that possible, since I created the Power BI account and we don't have any other Microsoft Product on the cloud.

Thanks

Lucas

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Lvmoraes wrote:

Hi,

I'm just looking for an explanation about PowerBI/Azure relationship.

When I create a power BI pro online portal, I know it is managed by azure in the Backend.

But do I get a subscription? How does it works?

The reason I am asking is because I have to grant access to an application to access PowerBI, but when I try to do that from azure, i get a message saying I don't have the privileges. I don't know how is that possible, since I created the Power BI account and we don't have any other Microsoft Product on the cloud.

Thanks

Lucas

@Lvmoraes
What is that application?

Hi Eric, I've opened a case to zure..

It is still not clear to me if I have to buy a whole subscription just to manage my power bi capabilities from Azure. I don't need Azure services, I just need to authorize an external application to access power bi, and the Power Bi tutorials tell me to do it from the azure portal ( which I believe power Bi automatically created for me ).

Do I need to buy an azure subscription to administrate my power BI account? ( just grant access to an application, I don't want to manage any Azure AD for instance )

This is what they replied:

Hello Lucas,

Thank you for replying back with the screenshot.

In order to be able to deploy a marketplace service, you may have to sign up for an Azure Subscription under your Account.

Kindly add a Free Trial or a Pay as you go offer type using this link https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/legal/offer-details/

Then use this Subscription to deploy a marketplace service.

I hope the information shared was helpful.

I will be looking forward for your kind response.

Best Regards,

Hi Eric, thanks for your reply

It jedox, a forecast/planning tool :

https://knowledgebase.jedox.com/knowledgebase/connection-to-powerbi/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors