Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ramshoney1225
Helper V
Helper V

Regarding Power BI Forum Login

Hi,

Im working for an X - Organization, I'm able to login few Questions and Answers related to Power BI Desktop.
Now my worry is If i move to other organization my email ID with the Previous organization will be deleted from there Active directory , I cant login to Power BI forum and how to see my Posts and Questions and Answers do i lost those all Questions ?

If i move into another new organization, so i will get that new organization mail so again i need to start posting new Questions where i lost to see the old Questions which i post with the previous organlization email

Please help

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ramshoney1225 ,

Obviously, the problems in the account will only be related to the account of logging in to the forum.

After you switch your account, the problem list shows the problems of the current account, which I'm afraid can't be synchronized.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @V-lianl-msft 

Then that will be big problem right?, bec now i have posted nearly around some 20 - 30 Questions.
If i move to neworganization, then my old organization creditials wont work with Power BI forum then all those 20 - 30 Questions will be lost and i dont have history of it.

below are the list of problems with this wrong apporach from Microsoft

1.) every time need to download / move my 20 - 30 questions into word manually

2.) 2 accounts cant be syncronized with old organization and new organization

3.) All my solutions / answers will come to corporate email id, which i cant have access to it when i move to other new organization

why cant be it created or logged into forum with gmail/yahoo etc?, which other forums have it. I can login to Oracle forum, Tableau forum, Qlicksense  with my gmail id

Can someone help or raise it as a bug to support it.

Thanks,

for issues you may want to head over to https://issues.powerbi.com

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Most likely this is what will happen - you will lose edit access to your old posts. You will still be able to read them. How big of an actual issue is that to you?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.