Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wvanpeel
Advocate II
Advocate II

Refresh visual - manual

I have a report (Matrix) that has somewhat detailed level data and calculations.

With this report I want to avoid that the result is refreshed every time a user clicks another value in the slicer(s).

Is it possible to refresh the matrix report manually, after slicers (filters) have been chosen? 

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of auto-refresh on most visuals, but sometimes its useful to have the option no to.

Worked with other BI tools where this is possible.

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@wvanpeel if i understood you correctly you want to change value in slicers but don't want matrix visual to filter based on selection on slicer, if yes then you can do that easily,

simply highlight slicer visual then click on Visual Tools (top of power bi desktop) -> Edit interactions -> and for matrix visual select None option. This will not let you have no effect on matrix visual when changing values in slicer.

Hi Ankit, this is indeed a good tip but still not what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a way to refresh the data with a delay, by first entering the data in the filters, and then do a refresh of the actual result.

My datasource has many rows and it is refreshing now the data with every click on the slicer(s). 

Some other BI tools have this capability.

Good afternoon Wvanpeel,

Have you found a solution for this?

Kind regards,

Lohic Beneyzet

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.