Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zon11x
Frequent Visitor

Refresh dataset every 15 minutes with Power BI Pro?

Hello,

is it possible to refresh a dataset every 15 minutes with a power bi pro licence? Ive got a lot of information by now and have already tried to refresh it via power automate. The limitation is still 8 times. If I use an API Call is the limitation still 8 times?

If I need to upgrade to premium per User is premium capacity also necessary? because premium/user cost only 20 dollar/month and premium capacity 5k/month.

Best regard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zon11x ,

As far as I know, if you are a Pro user, the limitation of schedule refresh in Power BI is 8 times. If you use the API Call to refresh the dataset, there are 8 times limitation.

For refresh: Datasets - Refresh Dataset - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

For Shared capacities, a maximum of eight requests per day, including refreshes executed by using scheduled refresh, can be initiated.

If you upgrade to Premium Per User, your refresh rate will become 48/day the same as Premium SKUS(P/EM...)F

For reference: Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
zon11x
Frequent Visitor

ok thanks 🙂 if i upgrade to Premium per User, is the API Call also limited (48 times)?

Best Regards

Hi @zon11x ,

For reference:Datasets - Refresh Dataset - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

For Premium capacities, the maximum requests per day is only limited by the available resources in the capacity. If available resources are overloaded, refreshes are throttled until the load is reduced. The refresh will fail if throttling exceeds 1 hour.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zon11x ,

As far as I know, if you are a Pro user, the limitation of schedule refresh in Power BI is 8 times. If you use the API Call to refresh the dataset, there are 8 times limitation.

For refresh: Datasets - Refresh Dataset - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

For Shared capacities, a maximum of eight requests per day, including refreshes executed by using scheduled refresh, can be initiated.

If you upgrade to Premium Per User, your refresh rate will become 48/day the same as Premium SKUS(P/EM...)F

For reference: Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.