Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh Token Power BI embedded report in WebApp

Hello,
I have an application in MVC5 in which embedded reports of Power BI are displayed, this I do through the Api Rest of Power BI.
The problem is that the token expires in an hour. I was reading the documentation but through powershell in azure active directory from May 30th the validity of the token can no longer be extended.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-configurable-token-...

Some of you have refreshed the token in a webapp with an embedded report of power bi?, how do you extend the lifetime of the token?

Sorry for me English [Google Translator]

Manuel.

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

In fact, embed token API already provides the token string and expired DateTime.

Embed Token - Reports GenerateTokenForCreateInGroup 

You can create a function in the backend to invoke generated token API and cache the result into the session(both token and expired time). 

This function should include the if statement to compare current system DateTime and cached expired time to return cache the token string for following usage or invoke the generated token API to get the new token if the current time is out of the token lifetime.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.