Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh Execution Details API status 405

I am testing the REST call for Refresh Execution Details in PowerBI and getting a 405 Method not Allowed. I understand that this endpoint does not work for scheduled and manual refreshes. But I am trying to do an asynchronous refresh with this API Asynchronous refresh with the Power BI REST API - Power BI | Microsoft Docs (POST /refreshes) using Postman. This refresh shows as refreshType: ViaApi. I try to get this refresh execution details (via Postman) and get the same response and error as the scheduled and manual refreshes.

nahimmtv_0-1650645144263.png

Am I missing something? Is ViaApi not an Asynchronous refresh?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
ljt5
Frequent Visitor

Hi, this question was never solved.

In my experience, you cannot get the execution details of 'ViaApi' refreshes. Only 'ViaEnhancedApi' refreshes.

I hope this helps, I never found any information about this (I'm not saying there is not information) but in my experience this is what I discovered.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

what kind of request are you using to get infromations about refresh? I'm using 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marky,

Thanks for the insight!

Yes I am using a service principal with Dataset.ReadWrite.All and Dataset.Read.All permissions. I actually use that one to get the refresh history via the api and works just fine. The problem comes when I use the request you posted here (https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/{groupId}/datasets/{datasetId}/refreshes/{refreshId})

I am still facing this issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the service principal admin for the workspace where dataset is?

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous , 

ViaApi indicates refresh was triggered by an API call. I think Get Refresh Execution Rest API returns execution details of an asynchronous refresh operation for the specified dataset from the specified workspace.

For reference:

Datasets - Get Refresh Execution Details

Datasets - Get Refresh Execution Details In Group

Please make sure Asynchronous refresh has completed. 

Please make sure the app you use to get token has Dataset.ReadWrite.All or Dataset.Read.All.

HTTP Error “405 Method Not Allowed”: How to solve the problem

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.