Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh Data Option in Power BI Embedded

Hi All,

Do we have Refresh Data and scheduling the Refresh option available in Power BI Embedded.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Vannikannan.k

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

We can trigger a refresh by calling the REST API. Please refer to power-bi/datasets/refreshdatasetingroup. Since the Scheduled refresh only needs to be set up once in the Service, I think the REST API isn't necessary. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the Reply.

You mean to say we need to create Report in "My Workspace" in Power BI Service  and  install Datagateway ,So when we integrate the same Report to our application  data will be refreshed in Power BI Embedded Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Vannikannan.k

Hi Vannikannan,

Yes, almost there. 

1. The Power BI Embedded embeds Power BI contents in the custom application. Though we can do many interactions, the contents are still in Power BI.

2. Following the article 1 above, so we can create, edit, adjust the contents in Power BI and we will get the latest contents in our application. Similarly, we should set up in the Power BI though we can trigger a manual refresh by REST API.

3. If we embed the contents for our customers, which is one of two kinds of embedding, we should create an App workspace. Please refer to developer/embed-sample-for-customers#create-an-app-workspace.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.