Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Frank1
Frequent Visitor

Realtime map options

Hello. I am looking for options on how to render lat/long coordinates on a map control with Power BI in realtime.

- It seems that the visualisations for custom realtime streams do not allow maps

- Reports that were created based on a realtime stream and then pinned to the dashboard do not update

- Can these reports be embedded in an HTML5 app using PBI Embedded and then refreshed frequently (once per second or so) using a timer in some way?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Frank1,

To help push the boundaries of real-time data visualization and analysis, you could leave a feedback on UserVoice.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Hmm, according to this blog post, maps should be possible. Perhaps contact the author:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/machinelearning/2015/05/04/fun-with-ml-stream-analytics-and-powe...

Perhaps you need to stream your information up to an Event Hub, attach Steaming Analytics to it and set the output as Power BI.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Yeah I think that article is intentionally misleading.

Quote:"In this example we have a couple of stream analytics queries. One aggregates age into an age range and passes in other fields such as location to PowerBI, and the other is the query mentioned above. PowerBI lets you easily create a variety of visualizations including maps, line charts, tree view charts and more. Charts get updated in real time as data is generated by users uploading pictures at http://how-old.net. "

Note that where it says "Charts get updated in real time" it neglects to mention that maps do not. So far, I do not see anything that allows me to do this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.