Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CHTK
Frequent Visitor

REST API for creating workspace description?

Hi all, 

I'm using custom connectors & REST APIs to create Power BI wokspaces thorugh a Power App. Im looking for a a REST API or a filter to create the workspace description, but with no luck.  

Can anyone confirm wheather this is possible through REST APIs? 

Thanks a lot 🤗

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I dont think there is a rest api to create/change workspace description. But there is a powershell cmdlet:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoftpowerbimgmt.workspaces/set-powerbiworks...

Im not 100% sure, but i think its possible to create a custom connector to run powershell script. You have to ceck this further.

Br

Marius

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CHTK
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Habitat 

Thankss for your response. But i've checked the documentation, and as far as i can see there is not a parameter for setting the description. But maybe i missed something 🙂 Hoping someone else has been successful with this

I dont think there is a rest api to create/change workspace description. But there is a powershell cmdlet:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoftpowerbimgmt.workspaces/set-powerbiworks...

Im not 100% sure, but i think its possible to create a custom connector to run powershell script. You have to ceck this further.

Br

Marius

Habitat
Regular Visitor

Hi @CHTK ,

Maybe it will help:

Groups - Create Group

This API call can be called by a service principal profile. For more information see: Service principal profiles in Power BI Embedded.

Regards

Morty

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.