Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

christok

REST API Get shared report

Hi,

I've got into some issues trying to use REST API to GET Report that was shared with me (outside of the organization). The endpoint that I am trying to use looks like:

https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/reports/{SHARED_REPORT_ID}

I can successfully GET any report that is done in my PowerBI account but not the shared one. I can access the shared report via the link from the invitation email with my account, so I suppose it should be reachable via the API using access token.

I have the application registry configured for my organization and I think I generated a token the proper way and I am including it in the Headers.

The response in the Postman I got from the API is:

{
    "error": {
        "code": "PowerBIEntityNotFound",
        "pbi.error": {
            "code": "PowerBIEntityNotFound",
            "parameters": {},
            "details": []
        }
    }
}

I hope someone would be able to help with that. Maybe I should generate an access token some different way since it is a shared report?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jgehani
Frequent Visitor

Hi Christok,

I was checking to see if you were able to get a solution or is there any workaround?

Thanks & Regards,

Jacky

elarrieux

Hi! 

Did you ever get this to work?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.