Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

denyschamberlan
Frequent Visitor

Python visuals strange sporadic behavior

Hi,

I have a question regarding Python visuals integration in Power BI.
I wanted to test Python visuals behavior and performance in Power BI Embedded so I decided to first create a very simple sample to start with using matplotlib.pyplot and test what I could come up with. Nothing too fancy as shown below.
Report01.png
I then published the new Power BI Desktop report on a testing Workspace I had previously created on Power BI Online
So far so good... Both Python visuals appeared on report sreen exactly as expected.
Report02.png
I then pushed testing a bit furtherusty and created a new dashboard on which I could integrate both Python visuals
in combination with a "native"  Column Chart visuals and see what I could come up with... 
The Python visuals would appear for a second in a glimpse...
Dashboard001.png 
but it soon totally vanished from screen and was replaced by blank content and only a Power BI logo...
Dashboard002.png

Now if I try to run the newly created dashboard in Power BI Embedded, the "native" Column Chart visual tile is displayed on top left, though none of the Python visual tiles are displayed. Only Power BI logos .
Dashboard003.png

For the sake of testing, I added a piece of client code sending captured information in similar alert popups
in response to dashboard tileClicked event.

DashboardTileClicked.png
This action redirects straight to right report... So I assume both Python visual tiles are there allright! 

Now if I click back on "Main Dashboard" navigation button on top left toolbar, the action will bring me back to main dashboard...
Well what do you know!!!? there you are... 
Dashboard005.png 
I may repeat the same actions a second time... but this time, I would end up with another display result as shown below... 
Dashboard004.png

Hummmm... Bizarre! I understand the Python visuals option is still in Beta version, still I'm pretty curious what may cause this kind of sporadic behavior... 

Any help on how to deal with this (from someone who experienced the same kind of scenario) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your patience 😉

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.