Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

McGayan

Publishing real time report to web

Hi

I am trying to develop a real time (or near real time) device monitoring solution with IoT Hub.

I was able to do that with Power Bi dashboard by directing stream analytics output to Power Bi.

Now I want to monitor my device through a web site. But once I use the Publish to web feature in the power Bi they are no longer real time. Is it possible to do that?

Can I do that by using Direct Query and sql database?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@McGayan if you have a report that uses directquery to sql server then you can use that via publish to web. so when you publish to web and any user that interacts with report will send query back to the data source.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
willTang
Frequent Visitor

@McGayan

After you create your Publish to web embed code and share it, the report is updated with any changes you make. However, it’s important to know that it can take a while for update to be visible to your users. it can take approximately one hour before changes are reflected in the version of the report viewed by your users.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@McGayan if you have a report that uses directquery to sql server then you can use that via publish to web. so when you publish to web and any user that interacts with report will send query back to the data source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.