Frequent Visitor

Publish a report to the web without any social links (facebook, twitter...)

Hi,

Is it possible to publish from PowerBI to web without having the share social feature enabled?

I'm a using the embed in a public website feature that generates a embed code that start with https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=...

Can i add a parameter that will disable the sharing social feature?

Thanks!

Re: Publish a report to the web without any social links (facebook, twitter...)

@argylew

As far as I know, there's no such a parameter that can disable the social links. You could sumbit and vote up an idea on Power BI Ideas.

By the way, may I know why you don't like the social links?

Visitor

the link to vote is https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/16498078-disable-share-buttons

Not all publish to web reports are designed for social sharing. Especially when you are testing some ideas with your users.

having an option to remove would be very much appreciated

Frequent Visitor

Hi valeryk16,

Thanks for the link, I just voted.

My reasons are the same as valeryk16. At the beginning of our dev process, we don't want the social sharing.

So now, we are trying to use the new PowerBI Javascript API to display our reports and this is an extremely time-consuming process.

Frequent Visitor

+1 to turn this off.

I've voted on the idea link, but this "Feature" now potentially breaks our security model through Share Point and embedding/hiding the URL inside a web part.  Being able to share the actual BI Service URL via Social makes a barely acceptable method to share dashboards and lock down access via O365/sharepoint credentials totally useless now.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I was trying to hide it using JS or CSS but no luck. Using F12 tools preview I can hide it:

.glyphicon-share-linkedIn {
display: none;
}

Cannot save the changes though.