Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rosieclough
Frequent Visitor

ProjectWise Project Insights Connector

Hi, 

I am unsure if anyone has had any experience using the ProjectWise Project Insights connector for Power BI but I am having trouble with a dashboard I have not refreshing properly. 

I realise this connector is not supported by Power BI for an automatic refresh but I was wondering if anyone has a workaround for this. 

What keeps happening is that my dashboard says access to the resource is forbidden. The only way I have found to get rid of this error is to in and clear the data source connections and change the privacy level and then reupload the published dashboard. I was wondering if there was something I could do in the background e.g a bit of code I could write to ensure it works rather than having to manually do this. 

Here is the code for the data source: 

rosieclough_0-1613650177559.png

The bit I have blocked out just corresponds to the Project ID. 

There is another version of this dashboard which has the same ID and this one works and is online through the PW Project Insights website. I wonder whether this is an issue because the connector itself hasn't been properly configured by the developers yet? If so I wonder if maybe I should try and set it up as a web connector instead. Project Insights is a custom connector so I wonder if something in my PBI is stopping it from updating. 

If anyone could help that would be great. 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rosieclough,

If this data source also provides the rest API to get data, you can switch to web connector and get data from the rest API, it should work to do refresh operations on the power bi service side.

Pull data from a REST API Authentication 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.