cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shhafiz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Programmatically Export Dashboard to PNG

I have seen APIs and examples hosting dashboards in a web app. Using these or otherwise, can we programmatically export dashboard into a PNG (or any image)? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shhafiz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Programmatically Export Dashboard to PNG

I have found  a solution internally. Our organization uses an inernal APP that is capable of hosting Power BI dashboard. This is the solution that worked for me.

6 REPLIES 6
Moderator Eric_Zhang

@shhafiz wrote:

I have seen APIs and examples hosting dashboards in a web app. Using these or otherwise, can we programmatically export dashboard into a PNG (or any image)? 

@shhafiz

AFAIK, it is not possible to export dashboard into a PNG or any image, not to mention any Programmatical API. May I know why you'd like the dashboard images? If to integrate the images to your application, there's a feature embedding dashboards which has more interactions than images.

Anyway, you can submit your request at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

shhafiz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@Eric_Zhang  I need to take these images and then export them to a system which will show these on a screen. I guess another possiblity is if the system itself was capable of hosting PowerBI dashboards directly. For now, it can only accept images so I was thinking of an way to automate this.

hmedinaa Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @shhafiz

Actually i am doing the same, export to Power Point, then save all slides as PGN to present the reports (screens) in another application which allows me show the data in a Wall Monitor. if i try to present the Power BI embed link, it takes too much time to load.

shhafiz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@hmedinaa

But you need to do this manually right, not automatically through some app or code?

shhafiz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I have found  a solution internally. Our organization uses an inernal APP that is capable of hosting Power BI dashboard. This is the solution that worked for me.

Highlighted
hmedinaa Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @shhafiz

Yes, doing manually, more than 4 times at day. i am looking for an automated solution from Power BI