cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shhafiz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Programmatically Export Dashboard to PNG

I have seen APIs and examples hosting dashboards in a web app. Using these or otherwise, can we programmatically export dashboard into a PNG (or any image)? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shhafiz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Programmatically Export Dashboard to PNG

I have found  a solution internally. Our organization uses an inernal APP that is capable of hosting Power BI dashboard. This is the solution that worked for me.

6 REPLIES 6
Moderator Eric_Zhang

@shhafiz wrote:

I have seen APIs and examples hosting dashboards in a web app. Using these or otherwise, can we programmatically export dashboard into a PNG (or any image)? 

@shhafiz

AFAIK, it is not possible to export dashboard into a PNG or any image, not to mention any Programmatical API. May I know why you'd like the dashboard images? If to integrate the images to your application, there's a feature embedding dashboards which has more interactions than images.

Anyway, you can submit your request at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

Highlighted
shhafiz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@Eric_Zhang  I need to take these images and then export them to a system which will show these on a screen. I guess another possiblity is if the system itself was capable of hosting PowerBI dashboards directly. For now, it can only accept images so I was thinking of an way to automate this.

hmedinaa Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @shhafiz

Actually i am doing the same, export to Power Point, then save all slides as PGN to present the reports (screens) in another application which allows me show the data in a Wall Monitor. if i try to present the Power BI embed link, it takes too much time to load.

shhafiz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@hmedinaa

But you need to do this manually right, not automatically through some app or code?

shhafiz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I have found  a solution internally. Our organization uses an inernal APP that is capable of hosting Power BI dashboard. This is the solution that worked for me.

hmedinaa Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @shhafiz

Yes, doing manually, more than 4 times at day. i am looking for an automated solution from Power BI