Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tvinko
Frequent Visitor

Processing model from code

Hi all,

I created dataset on PPU workspace that contains deployed model with on-premise sources (model is deployed through C#  code, using TOM library).
Deploy went well, but I'm having problems with processing datasource.
I cannot find a way to create connection string to on-premise source.

Meanwhile, I created second model with the same on-premise datasource with PowerBI client and published on the PPU workspace.
when I click on Connection->Script Connection as-> Create To from SSMS, I get following script

{
"create": {
"parentObject": {
"database": "test_delete"
},
"dataSource": {
"name": "ea2de3af-dbac-44d4-bddc-52df729c086b",
"connectionString": "Provider=Microsoft.PowerBI.OleDb;Global Pipe=f26e04ac-4669-496b-b3a4-f313fe673cd1;Mashup=\"VERY_LONG_STRING\";Location=\"dim CustomerView\"",
"impersonationMode": "impersonateCurrentUser"
}
}
}

How can I connect to this datasource with my code?

I cannot find a way to create conenction string properly because I'm not familiar with "Global Pipe" and Mashup variables,
which PBI construct automatically.

I also checked PowerBI Api's (https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/) on how to process PBI datasource from code, but cannot find any clue.

If I recap:
- I have installed and configured gateway properly
- I can connect to PBI workspace and deploy model from my code
- the problem is when I try to process analysis services from code because it points to on-premise datasource

I wonder if there is also another way to process model?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tvinko ,

Please review the content in the following links, hope they can give some clue and idea.

Programmatically Deploying Power BI Reports to Power BI Report Server and change Connection String

How to update credentials for an on-prem Power BI data source using PowerShell

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.