Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

grojnak

Problem with table totals

Hi there. I am new here.

I'm writing here because I am having a common issue, according to what I could see. The totals in a table. First of all, I want to expain the data. We are counting products we sold. Our schema is like this:

1.png

We have the ID number of the sell and, as columns, the producs sold. This is working fine, but when we try to make a table in PBI we have an issue with the totals:

2.png

As you can see, the total is 3253, but that same table exported to Excel gives another result (3079). this is the correct result:

3.png

I am sure that the issue is in the measures used to calculate that total in PBI. These are:

Total sells = DISTINCTCOUNTNOBLANK( 'Table'[ID_sell] )

and the one I am using in the table:

Total products sold = IF(HASONEVALUE(Table[products]),[Total sells],SUMX('Table',[Total sells]))

The individual total of each product is OK, but not the total. Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @grojnak,

Did you mean to use measure formula to calculate with multiple aggregations? If that is the case, I'd like to suggest you take a look at the Greg’s blog about measure with multiple aggregations:

Measure Totals, The Final Word 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @grojnak,

Did you mean to use measure formula to calculate with multiple aggregations? If that is the case, I'd like to suggest you take a look at the Greg’s blog about measure with multiple aggregations:

Measure Totals, The Final Word 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors