Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brendaivett
Advocate II
Advocate II

Print as PDF?

Hi,

Is there a way to print a Power BI Desktop report as a PDF? I know could get a print screen, but I wonder if I can print it directly as a PDF.

Thanks!

Brenda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@brendaivett The out of box functionality doesn't support that from the Desktop. The print option is only available from the Power BI Service.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
JPBTech
Regular Visitor

Anonymous
Not applicable

That tutorial is irrelevant. Try using that to help you print a multi-page list.

Microsoft refuses to rename the "Print" function in Power BI.  It needs to be called "Print Screenshot"

jaure

What hapens if you have a report with more than one page?
Can I export, save... the report ans PDF?

Thanks in advance!
Xabi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope.  Stinks, right?

dolss1
Advocate I
Advocate I

We found if you use Chrome and the "Save As PDF" option,

(important- with background graphics) you can get a pretty good print.

Capture.PNG

I installed Chrome and do not see the Save as PDF option.  How do I get to that option?

@dolss1@brendaivett@Seth_C_Bauer@ianbarker

I have an issue that it only print my dashboard at 5% scaled down. Would you please help.

PowerBI Print Issue.jpg

Hi

I have this same problem. It's very frustrating as I have to do a screenshot of every page of a dashboard to produce a 'moment in time' record of the figures.

Would be great to know if there is a solution now?

Thanks

As originally stated and it still is true today, there is no true print function, Anonymous stated it best, Microsoft should state Print Screenshot and not simply Print as multiple pages will not print and is quite useless as a print function.  Need to re-think forward use of Power BI as a reporting tool as it is only a fancy graphical display and does not satisfy basic reporting functions such as printing, yes our modern world still needs to do this.  The option of exporting to Excel and then printing is well quite funny, if you have used it I think you will understand the sarcasm.

@AndrewDang What browser are you using? I don't see the "Scale" option. What happens if you increase that? Chrome, IE, Edge - I can't get that to display, and the functionality works in all.

If it isn't that, is the report page a custom size, or just default?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer

I had tried both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. I had the same issue with both.

Thanks;

Andrew

Hi, Unless I am mistaken and I hope I am as we have been waiting for this option.  What I see is this print option is just a fancy print screen.  It does not actually print the visuals with their data.  Example, if you have a matrix table with more rows than what will fit on the screen, you only get the printed view of what fit on the screen. While I suppose for graphical representations this is good, but for data and graphical, it is not very helpful.  I thought the print option would be more like printing from Excel, too wide, extra pages, too long extra pages.  It seems this option should expose to the visuals a print option method as they have data set.  Seems it would be hard (probably not impossible) to do it generically.  Does anyone know if Tableau or the other "data visualization" software allows printing?  Thanks, Rick 

I saved a report from Power BI to PDF by clicking "Ctrl and P" keys. I was on my desktop version.

Yes ,it worked fine with CTRL + P from desktop version .You can either save the PDF or print it directly .

Coming here for the same thing. I wonder is there is anyone at Microsoft reading this? I see many users making this request

ianbarker
Helper III
Helper III

@brendaivett there is the ability to do a standard print. 

If you have a PDF print driver installed such as CutePDF, you can simply print to you PDF printer which will generate a PDF for you.

Thanks @ianbarker, and sorry if this is not too obvious to me, as I'm really new with Power BI, but from the Power BI Desktop, where I create the report, I don't see anywhere the printing option, I see import, export, save, etc. but not printing, am I missing something?

Brenda

@brendaivett The out of box functionality doesn't support that from the Desktop. The print option is only available from the Power BI Service.

Thanks a lot @Seth_C_Bauer@ianbarker, I do still appreciate your responses.

Brenda

@brendaivett I'm really sorry, I should have mentioned that the print option is currently only available in Power BI Online. You would need to publish your report there first.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors