cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brendaivett Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Print as PDF?

Hi,

Is there a way to print a Power BI Desktop report as a PDF? I know could get a print screen, but I wonder if I can print it directly as a PDF.

Thanks!

Brenda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Print as PDF?

@brendaivett The out of box functionality doesn't support that from the Desktop. The print option is only available from the Power BI Service.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG MSBIWI
20 REPLIES 20
ianbarker Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@brendaivett there is the ability to do a standard print. 

If you have a PDF print driver installed such as CutePDF, you can simply print to you PDF printer which will generate a PDF for you.

Regular Visitor

Thanks @ianbarker, and sorry if this is not too obvious to me, as I'm really new with Power BI, but from the Power BI Desktop, where I create the report, I don't see anywhere the printing option, I see import, export, save, etc. but not printing, am I missing something?

Brenda

ianbarker Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@brendaivett I'm really sorry, I should have mentioned that the print option is currently only available in Power BI Online. You would need to publish your report there first.
Super User
Super User

@brendaivett The out of box functionality doesn't support that from the Desktop. The print option is only available from the Power BI Service.

Regular Visitor

Thanks a lot @Seth_C_Bauer@ianbarker, I do still appreciate your responses.

Brenda

Highlighted
dolss1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

We found if you use Chrome and the "Save As PDF" option,

(important- with background graphics) you can get a pretty good print.

Capture.PNG

AndrewDang Member

@dolss1@brendaivett@Seth_C_Bauer@ianbarker

I have an issue that it only print my dashboard at 5% scaled down. Would you please help.

PowerBI Print Issue.jpg

Super User
Super User

@AndrewDang What browser are you using? I don't see the "Scale" option. What happens if you increase that? Chrome, IE, Edge - I can't get that to display, and the functionality works in all.

If it isn't that, is the report page a custom size, or just default?

AndrewDang Member

@Seth_C_Bauer

I had tried both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. I had the same issue with both.

Thanks;

Andrew