Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rxt
Frequent Visitor

Powershell cmdlet Get-PowerBIDatasource

Get-PowerBIDatasource -DatasetId 00ce0e46-11a1-4075-8e56-a9c1a9980808 returns following error

Get-PowerBIDatasource : Operation returned an invalid status code 'NotFound'
At line:2 char:1
+ Get-PowerBIDatasource -DatasetId 00ce0e46-11a1-4075-8e56-a9c1a9980808
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: (Microsoft.Power...werBIDatasource:GetPowerBIDatasource) [Get-PowerBIDatasource], HttpOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Operation returned an invalid status code 'NotFound',Microsoft.PowerBI.Commands.Data.GetPowerBIDatasource

as an admin, I am able to get full datasets, workspaces list but for Datasource some datasetID return value correctly and some returns the error message. I would be greatful if some one enlighten me what is a reason behind this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rxt
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the Response @lbendlin . I am novice user with admin rights. I found out an article that mentioned as below

rxt_0-1598031491679.png

That may be the real cause behind, I am testing if that is the case. 

PS:

Just added myself as an admin on the workspace which I didn't have access before and was able to get the data source Information. Thanks to sqlchick  writer. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User
rxt
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the Response @lbendlin . I am novice user with admin rights. I found out an article that mentioned as below

rxt_0-1598031491679.png

That may be the real cause behind, I am testing if that is the case. 

PS:

Just added myself as an admin on the workspace which I didn't have access before and was able to get the data source Information. Thanks to sqlchick  writer. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.