Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhagya
Frequent Visitor

PowerBiClient object accessing exception

Hi

I am facing the  exception while creating the PowerBiClient Object.

Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

By looking the solution in one of the forum , i have added the redirecting dependecy aw well.  but still facing this issue.

Task<AuthenticationResult> tokenAccessKey = Program.GetToken();
var tokenCredentials = new TokenCredentials(tokenAccessKey.Result.AccessToken, tokenAccessKey.Result.AccessTokenType);

using (var client = new PowerBIClient(new Uri(ApiUrl), tokenCredentials))

{

}

Questions:  is these below making this problem

1. What should be my ApiUrl ? ex: "https://app.powerbi.com/"

2. my tokenCredentials object's Client ID and Tenent Id returning null. event though the tokenAccessKey  is valid

Power BI client issue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I faced this issue becasue of version conflict of Newtonsoft.Json between "6.0.0.0" and "7.0.0.0"

"Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Download 7.0.0.0 from nuget and add in webconfig. started working.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@bhagya wrote:

Hi

I am facing the  exception while creating the PowerBiClient Object.

Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

By looking the solution in one of the forum , i have added the redirecting dependecy aw well.  but still facing this issue.

Task<AuthenticationResult> tokenAccessKey = Program.GetToken();
var tokenCredentials = new TokenCredentials(tokenAccessKey.Result.AccessToken, tokenAccessKey.Result.AccessTokenType);

using (var client = new PowerBIClient(new Uri(ApiUrl), tokenCredentials))

{

}

Questions:  is these below making this problem

1. What should be my ApiUrl ? ex: "https://app.powerbi.com/"

2. my tokenCredentials object's Client ID and Tenent Id returning null. event though the tokenAccessKey  is valid

Power BI client issue.png

@bhagya

Yes, the ApiUrl is "https://api.powerbi.com/".

As to the null values, the probable reason is the not well installed Newtonsoft.Json. Try to uninstall and reinstall it following this thread.

Hi,

I faced this issue becasue of version conflict of Newtonsoft.Json between "6.0.0.0" and "7.0.0.0"

"Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Download 7.0.0.0 from nuget and add in webconfig. started working.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @bhagya 

I know it has been a while, but I am getting this error when running the powershell cmdlet

Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxx' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot
find the file specified.
At line:1 char:1
+ get-PowerBIWorkspace -All

You mentioned that you Download 7.0.0.0 from nuget and add in webconfig.

How did you do that?

Sorry if it sounds silly, but I am a newbie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.