Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI filtering by user currently logged in.

I was wondering, is there an easy way to programmatically filter a PowerBI report based upon what user is logged in?
Not really looking for this from a security standpoint, this would be a filter that filters the report based on who is logged in. eg.... we need to make a dashboard for agents but we need to make it specific to their stats, etc.

The reason I want to build this functionality is to allow them to see custom report info based on their own info and I won't have to make a custom report for each user.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

On power bi desktop, you can click in top menu ''Modeling" and then in Manage Roles. Inside this box you can create a dax function where you filter the table using the function 

USERPRINCIPALNAME to get the email address of the user. The user must be logged in

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.