Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Barendnu
Advocate III
Advocate III

PowerBI embedded: pageNavigation position: models.PageNavigationPosition.Left

Dear all,

In this blogpost, I read that we can show the navigation on the left position, instead of showing as tabs on the bottom:

var embedConfig = {
    settings: {
        panes: {
            pageNavigation: {
                visible: true,
                position: models.PageNavigationPosition.Left
            }
        }
    }
};

We implemented this monts ago and until last weekend, this worked fine in our application.
But since a couple of days (although no code has changed) the pages now show up as tabs:

Until recently page navigation was shown on the left:

Barendnu_1-1616428927895.png

But now it's shown at the bottom, as tabs, which is unwanted:

Barendnu_0-1616428893762.png

I tried applying above PageNavigationPosition setting in the Power BI Playground too, but without succes.

Am I overlooking something? Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amshuste
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi,

We are aware of this bug and the fix should be deployed next week. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Amit

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Gabriel_Walkman
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

If anyone else bumps into this thread and tries to use

position: models.PageNavigationPosition.Left

and it doesn't work, we succeeded with

position: 1
Barendnu
Advocate III
Advocate III

in the reported issue, community support replied:

hi

PG confirms it is bug and the fix should be deployed next week.

Regards,

Lin

Thank you Lin and Amit for investigating and replying. Good news to hear that it will be fixed soon, without any code changes neccesary 🙂

amshuste
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi,

We are aware of this bug and the fix should be deployed next week. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Amit

Barendnu
Advocate III
Advocate III

This clearly is a bug at Microsoft side. Someone else already posted an issue / bug report:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Unale-to-re-position-Page-Navigation-Pane/idc-p/1741700

Let's vote for it, and hope that it get fixed soon...

adolfomartinez
Frequent Visitor

¡Buenos días!

También tengo el mismo problema. Anteriormente ya tenía configurado reportes de Power BI Embedded con la propiedad: "position: models.PageNavigationPosition.Left", pero al día de hoy ya no funciona.

Realicé pruebas en https://playground.powerbi.com/ pero tampoco funciona ahí.

jmweekes
Advocate I
Advocate I

We are encountering the same issue.  On Thursday. 03/18/2021, Page Navigation was on the left, using the above settings.  By the following day, perhaps even the evening of 03/18/2021, without any code changes, Page Navigation was back at the bottom and hasn't budged since. 

.nuget\packages\microsoft.powerbi.javascript\2.17.2

danpcsg

I am observing the same issue.  PageNavigationPosition.Left was working as @Barendnu described last week, and today tabs are appearing at the bottom of the page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're also encountering the same issue, no code changes made either. Currently running v2.17.2, tried upgrading to https://github.com/microsoft/PowerBI-JavaScript/releases/tag/v2.18.0 but the issue still persisted.

do you manage to fix it ? I got the same issue

Use

position: 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.