Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mgente
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI embed - change detection not working?

Hi Community,

I've setup a report which gets embedded via "app owns data" approach as documented here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embed-service-principal

I've direct query sources and setup page refresh on change detection which is working w/o a problem in PBI destkop and Services, however as soon as the report gets embed, page refresh based on change detection does not work anymore. Cyclic page refreshes (every few minutes) works flawless in the pbi service and embedding.

Anyone has a clue whats happening or is change detection still in preview?

2 REPLIES 2
Stonebkfly_MI

I have encountered the same issue. I am able to get Automatic Page Refresh to work with Embedded Capacity (A SKU) but when I try using Change Detection the report never updates. I have updated the Embedded Capacity Settings and the Minimum Refresh Intervals set at the Capacity are less then those set on the Report. 

Has anyone get this to work or is this a bug with Embedded Reports?

philh75
Regular Visitor

I have come across the same problem. 

In desktop and service work fine. Embed doesn't.

If you use regular refresh (no change detection) then it works everywhere.

This would appear to be a defect.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.