Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qiushi_zhai
Regular Visitor

PowerBI authentication

According to the document

https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-cn/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#howitworks

Publish the edited powerbi to personal web app using iframe (create embedded code through "publish to web")

But every time you open the embedded powerbi iframe page, you have to log in to the Microsoft account again,

Many experiments, check the document found that can only save 1 hour authentication

How to customize or expand to more than one week

5 REPLIES 5
qiushi_zhai
Regular Visitor

Sorry for the late reply

Thank you for your answers

I have used 'website or portal'

But now every time you open an embedded web page at an interval of more than an hour, there will be a Microsoft login button,

I'm thinking about how to solve it. I don't need a button every time I open a page

So I expect to use aad to avoid logging in, but obviously there are still some problems

So do you have a better solution

Hi @qiushi_zhai ,

"I'm thinking about how to solve it. I don't need a button every time I open a page

So I expect to use aad to avoid logging in, but obviously there are still some problems"

Do you want to omit the login step every time you open the page? Unless you use the "Publish to web" method to create "Embed code".

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Do you want to omit the login step every time you open the page?

Yes, that's the problem

Unless you use the "Publish to web" method to create "Embed code".

Can't I use "publish to web" without logging in?

Or other ways to embed the web?

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @qiushi_zhai ,

Please confirm which method you used to create the edmbed code(Refer to @avatorl 's answer.).

The authentication token lifetime is controlled based on your AAD settings. When the authentication token expires, the user will need to refresh their browser to get an updated authentication token. The default lifetime is one hour, but it could be shorter or longer in your organization. There is no ability to automatically refresh the token in this scenario.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

avatorl
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Something is wrong. If you used 'publish to web' (starts from https://app.powerbi.com/view) link there shouldn't be any authentication and everyone with the link can see the report. Is there any chance that you used 'Website or portal' link (starts from https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed) instead?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.