Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JWick1969
Helper IV
Helper IV

PowerBI Report builder - DAX query Performance analyzer issue

Hi All,

I have created a report using PowerBI Report builder and the dataset query is coming from Performance Analyzer.

I define a Year and Month parameter but if I choose a multiple value on year or month i'm getting an error or no data displayed on the report. If i choose single value on the parameter the report is working. 

Another thing, if i choose multiple value on year parameter, i'm also getting an error.

cannot covert value <pii>2019|2020</pii> of type tp type integer while processing column <pii>[static column]->datetable[Received Year]</pii>

Parameter: set expression value

=Join(Parameters!Year.Value,"|")

=Join(Parameters!Month.Value,"|")

Below is the DAX query.

// DAX Query
DEFINE

VAR __DS0FilterTable =
TREATAS({@Year}, 'DateTable'[Received Year])

VAR __DS0FilterTable1 =
TREATAS({@Month}, 'DateTable'[MonthName])

VAR __DS0FilterTable2 =
TREATAS({"Phone"}, 'CSST'[Product Group])

VAR __DS0FilterTable3 =
TREATAS({"AER"}, 'CCST'[Category])

EVALUATE
TOPN(
SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
ROLLUPADDISSUBTOTAL(
'CSST'[Category], "IsGrandTotalRowTotal",
'CSST'[Client], "IsDM0Total",

I believe the parameters are just not working correctly or the DAX query, likely, something wrong I did, but I have no idea how to fix this. I have tried innumerous things! Please help! 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JWick1969,

I'd like to suggest you check the configuration to confirm you have enabled the 'Allow multiple values' property :

Report parameters in Power BI Report Builder - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you are working with parameter filter in URL, please check the following link to ensure you are using the correct format of multi-value parameter:

Pass a report parameter in a URL for a paginated report - Power BI Report Builder - Power BI | Micro...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JWick1969,

I'd like to suggest you check the configuration to confirm you have enabled the 'Allow multiple values' property :

Report parameters in Power BI Report Builder - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you are working with parameter filter in URL, please check the following link to ensure you are using the correct format of multi-value parameter:

Pass a report parameter in a URL for a paginated report - Power BI Report Builder - Power BI | Micro...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.