Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

PowerBI REST API - where do I start?

Hi,

I want to learn about PowerBI REST API? Could anyone guide me where to start?

Well, I have already started reading about REST to start with but what I want to ask specifically is please gear me, guide me towards PowerBI REST API.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ovetteabejuela wrote:

Ooops... Big Ooops... Hit a wall! Requires Pro Licensing... I think I'm going to hold off since I wont be able to apply what I will learn... But when we're nearing to get the Pro Version I'll definitely revisit this.

I can play with the REST API with free license. To have a good start, you can download sample project from this github libary.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hahaha, I think I stumbled upon a couple of good starting points already

http://docs.powerbi.apiary.io/#introduction/what-can-i-do-with-the-power-bi-api?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn877544.aspx

But I'm completely new to this, so if you can still share o give some guidance, I would really appreciate them.

Thank you.

Ooops... Big Ooops... Hit a wall! Requires Pro Licensing... I think I'm going to hold off since I wont be able to apply what I will learn... But when we're nearing to get the Pro Version I'll definitely revisit this.

@ovetteabejuela wrote:

I can play with the REST API with free license. To have a good start, you can download sample project from this github libary.

Helo @Eric_Zhang !

I'm trying to send PostRows to PowerBI Rest API RealTimeData through PHP, I'm free user, is it necessary to have an access token ? If so, how can I get it for free ?

Really? That is awesome! Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.