Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

PowerBI REST API - where do I start?

Hi,

I want to learn about PowerBI REST API? Could anyone guide me where to start?

Well, I have already started reading about REST to start with but what I want to ask specifically is please gear me, guide me towards PowerBI REST API.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ovetteabejuela wrote:

Ooops... Big Ooops... Hit a wall! Requires Pro Licensing... I think I'm going to hold off since I wont be able to apply what I will learn... But when we're nearing to get the Pro Version I'll definitely revisit this.

I can play with the REST API with free license. To have a good start, you can download sample project from this github libary.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hahaha, I think I stumbled upon a couple of good starting points already

http://docs.powerbi.apiary.io/#introduction/what-can-i-do-with-the-power-bi-api?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn877544.aspx

But I'm completely new to this, so if you can still share o give some guidance, I would really appreciate them.

Thank you.

Ooops... Big Ooops... Hit a wall! Requires Pro Licensing... I think I'm going to hold off since I wont be able to apply what I will learn... But when we're nearing to get the Pro Version I'll definitely revisit this.

@ovetteabejuela wrote:

I can play with the REST API with free license. To have a good start, you can download sample project from this github libary.

Helo @Eric_Zhang !

I'm trying to send PostRows to PowerBI Rest API RealTimeData through PHP, I'm free user, is it necessary to have an access token ? If so, how can I get it for free ?

Really? That is awesome! Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.