Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Main Landing Page

Requesting some assistance and/or guidance from community. I am the voluntold PBI developer for an organization that consist of 300+ people, with one parent department, and 7-9 sub organizations. 

With that being said, a requirement came in requesting if it was possible everyone would start off (web-based), log into the main landing page for PowerBI. From there, you can select which organization you belong to and the standard dashboard visualization are there?

Is this even possible with PBI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also at anny point of time , depending on the access level, a person can download the pbix file from online version see whatever you have set up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also at anny point of time , depending on the access level, a person can download the pbix file from online version see whatever you have set up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To further add onto that solution you just proposed @Anonymous , then the developer (me) will create all these different standard dashboards for all the organization and do all the user group magic for every personnel...does that ultimately mean that I am singlehandedly in charge of all the workspace dashboards? Meaning....I am developing this all on my desktop. I can see that I can share owner priviledge and rights with another developer, but ultimately, all the data shown and from where its pulled its ultimately where I set it up. 

If i was to leave, or a developer that was in charge of that workspace was to leave, what could/can potentially happen to those workspaces?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I understand your situation you mean to say that on Power BI service, when user logs on , they have access to the differnet reports based on user access.

So this can be possible- the particular users can be added to the different workspace in Power BI service and within that workspaces, the dashboards would have been deployed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.