Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

campelliann
Post Patron
Post Patron

PowerBI Embedded - start/stop Capacity Script

Hi there,

I am not  a developer, knowing only the very basics of python. How complex is it to write a script in order to automatically start/stop Power BI embedded capacity, based on User activity on the dashboards?
Are there any examples?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @campelliann,

I'm not so clear about your description, can you please share some more detail about your requirement?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

If you mean dynamic turn on/off the embed content usages, you only need to control the access token and not renew it, then this content should not able to be viewed after the token expired.

If you mean to do some operations with capacity, I'd like to suggest you take a look at the capacity APIs which list all supported operations on capacity :

Capacities - REST API (Azure Power BI Embedded) | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
campelliann
Post Patron
Post Patron

@v-shex-msft one quick question which no one seems to know about licensing. Is it possible to create a shared account like finance@enterprise.com and have several people accessing the same PRO account. 

Many thanks

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @campelliann,

I'm not so clear about your description, can you please share some more detail about your requirement?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

If you mean dynamic turn on/off the embed content usages, you only need to control the access token and not renew it, then this content should not able to be viewed after the token expired.

If you mean to do some operations with capacity, I'd like to suggest you take a look at the capacity APIs which list all supported operations on capacity :

Capacities - REST API (Azure Power BI Embedded) | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.