Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

avdknijff
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Embedded Visuals won't load (DirectQuery)

Hi All,

Since this morning all visuals in powerbi embedded won't load. The report works with direct query and worked fine yesterday. Furthermore, the report works fine locally from PBI desktop. 

I'am experiencing issues with all my PBI embedded workspaces and reports. Underneath an image of the error;

Can't display visualCan't display visual

Is anyone else experiencing these issues or does anyone have a solution?

I'll be happy to hear from you. Kind regards Arjen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@avdknijff

Thanks for reporting.

It is a known issue and engineers are working on a fix. You can find the update at the support site.

The workaround offered is to re-uploading the existing reports or updating their connection string.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@avdknijff

Thanks for reporting.

It is a known issue and engineers are working on a fix. You can find the update at the support site.

The workaround offered is to re-uploading the existing reports or updating their connection string.

Capture.PNG

I am stuck with this problem. I am in Australia SouthEast but m also getting the same error. I tried updating connection string but nothing happens. I tried to pass crendential using GateWay data source but no luck.

Note- I am using Direct query in my reports

Please suggest 

dawcza3
Frequent Visitor

I resolve this problem by creating a new workspace in existing workspace collection  and import here me reports from previous workspace .

Wasn't it possible to only update the connection string for each report to get it working again?

@mjohannesson replacing connections string doesn't help me.

dawcza3
Frequent Visitor

Actually i got same problem, if you look in browser console you will see 403 error forbidden that comes from api power bi. 

This seems to be a Microsoft issue. Possibly only in west Europe. Here's another thread about it:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/No-visuals-rendering-in-PowerBI-embedded-web-app/idi-p/108801

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.