Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI, Conditional Formatting for Stacked Column Chart

I'm a geologist and trying to create a "Stratigraphic Column" to visualize the progress of Drilling Rig and I realized that Stacked Column Chart is suitable for that visualization.

Everything is perfect except colors. Each lithology has their own color but PowerBI assign random colros to them. There is no any "Conditional Formatting" button in chart properties. That project is very critical for me, is there any code for that or is there any other tool to create something like Stratigraphic Column in PowerBI?

Thats what I want to create similar;

https://i.stack.imgur.com/5hkNI.png 

This is my final progress in PowerBI;

https://i.stack.imgur.com/hHXWw.jpg 

This is databse where I get data for chart;

https://i.stack.imgur.com/Qz5gG.jpg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Power BI will divide your values in different groups by legend and show different colors by gourps.

So if you add From column in Legend, power bi will divide To column by From column and show different colors. 

If you want to show different colors by lithology groups, you can add lithology column into legend instead of From column. Then Power BI will show diffrent colors by lithology groups.

1.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Power BI will divide your values in different groups by legend and show different colors by gourps.

So if you add From column in Legend, power bi will divide To column by From column and show different colors. 

If you want to show different colors by lithology groups, you can add lithology column into legend instead of From column. Then Power BI will show diffrent colors by lithology groups.

1.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-rzhou-msft , could you share if the color shading of the stacked chart is based on conditional formatting? Thanks!

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

If you want to apply your own colors for each unit then you will find the Colors section in the Properties and you will be able to pick any existing color or go for More... option from there:

Fowmy_0-1622905906483.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.