Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Alcz
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Apps REST API returns "Certain required feature switch is disabled" error

I'm obtaining token via https://login.windows.net/common/oauth2/token, and it has App.Read.All scope (resource is set to https://analysis.windows.net/powerbi/api). It works just fine with reports and dashboards API. But with apps - https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/apps - it returns an error:

{
"error": {
"code": "InvalidRequest",
"message": "Certain required feature switch is disabled"
}
}

I've tried to use web client token (window.powerBIAccessToken), but it returns the same result. My app registration have and consented all permissions. PowerBI Pro trial has ended, but I'm not sure it is required for this API. Any ideas how to resolve this problem?

9 REPLIES 9
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Alcz,

I'm going to consult the Product Team. I will post the result here. Thank for your patience. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Alcz,

The issue is gone now. It seems a little delay happens in the deployment. Please try it out.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It seems to be working, but not in all applications. Is there any permission other than App.Read.All required for this api to work?

Hi @Alcz,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Hi @Alcz,

Did you get any error messages? 

Since it works, is it possible that the token is expired?

Best Regards,

No, I don't see any error message, and the token is valid. The problem is - now after latest api changes were rolled out to production, I get successful response, but it does not contain all apps.

This raises question - what is an "app" that this api returns? 

Hi @Alcz,

It is the Apps that are installed. Please refer to the snapshot below and check out the result.

Power-BI-Apps-REST-API-returns-Certain-required-feature-switch-is-disabled-error

Best Regards,

Some standard apps like JIRA, GitHub and ClickDimensions are not returned by api although they are listed on "Apps" page.

Hi @Alcz,

It's true. I have consulted the Product Team and will update here later.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors