Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joglidden
Advocate III
Advocate III

PowerBI API urls

I got a request to help integrate some 3rd party data with Power BI, and the 3rd party claimed that it works and that they need

1. Power BI team to register an app and provide us with client ID and secret key.
  2. Inputs from your side on what data has to be send to Power BI

So, I "Register an Application for Power BI" at dev.powerbi.com/apps, with an app name

Then, I register the app and get the Client ID, and Client Secret, and send these to the 3rd party.

Then the 3rd party guy writes me back and asks me "Can you send me your PowerBI API urls?".  

I'm confused by this, because I thought PowerBI is using his API to get his data. Can anyone give me any insight on this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @joglidden,

I can't be sure about what your partner is talking about but here are some urls that I used to connect to the PowerBI API: 

As it's a common mistake, please make sure that the application that you register is a NativeApp.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Thanos

@Anonymous, thanks a ton for the reply. That might be what he's looking for. I'll see if that does it. 

Hi @joglidden,

You just need to provide a reference to documentation about REST API links which can help a developer understand how to perform actions. Here is a full list of URLs - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt784614.aspx

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.