Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shivprasads
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi access token

Hello there,

I need to generate a token for embedding power bi report, but i am not using power bi embed for this and I wont be performing authorization. 

since its not power bi embed,

var embedToken = PowerBIToken.CreateReportEmbedToken(this.workspaceCollection, this.workspaceId, report.Id,"username",new string[] { "role1", "role2", "role3" });

isnt helping.

how do i go abt this, I got the embed url for the report but a valid access token is a must.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@shivprasads wrote:

Hello there,

I need to generate a token for embedding power bi report, but i am not using power bi embed for this and I wont be performing authorization. 

var embedToken = PowerBIToken.CreateReportEmbedToken(this.workspaceCollection, this.workspaceId, report.Id,"username",new string[] { "role1", "role2", "role3" });

isnt helping.

how do i go abt this, I got the embed url for the report but a valid access token is a must.

Thanks in advance

@shivprasads

To get a valid access token to embed reports from Power BI Service, you could see such a repo in github.

You can also see this thread.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@shivprasads wrote:

Hello there,

isnt helping.

Thanks in advance

@shivprasads

To get a valid access token to embed reports from Power BI Service, you could see such a repo in github.

You can also see this thread.

perfect !
Thats exactly what i figured out later !
Thanks @Eric_Zhang

I went on a step further and created a page where i perform the oauth just once if there is a redeployment and then access_token and refresh_token takes care of everything else !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.