Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi ExportToFile returns a pdf with nothing but the Power Bi logo when exporting with bookmarks

Greetings,

I'm currently working on exporting embedded reports through the use of Power Bi REST Api using the exportToFile endpoint. This has been working nicely however, the pdfs always return with the default look of the report regardless of what slicer values the user picked before exporting.

After investigating a bit, I concluded that capturing a bookmark using report.bookmarksManager.capture() available through the javascript Api and using it's state property in the ExportToFile request would be the best solution.

However the resulting pdf always returns like the image below, what am I doing wrong?

returning pdfreturning pdf

1 REPLY 1
pbipbj
Frequent Visitor

Did you find an answer to this question?  I'm experiencing the exact same thing.  Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.