Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bruno_araujo
Frequent Visitor

Power BI resolution inside Power Point

Hello everyone.

I'm working a lot with this new feature in Power BI that integrates our reports inside Power Point slides, however, I've stepped in a problem that I believe it should be solved only on the backend of this feature.

To summarize, I'm struggling on the graphic resolution subject. I can't give prints because of sensite information, but  I have a perfect and beatiful resolution inside Power BI Desktop and Power BI Online (workspace, applications ect...), but when I put the report inside Power Point through the most recent plugin, the resolution gets a little poor and blurry, it just doesn't make sense to me...

On Power BI desktop my screen resolution is between 1560 x 1500 and another one in 1017 x 2260, I've already tried to make it bigger and to set my Power Point configs to not compress images and preserve quality, but it didn't seem to work.

Can somebody help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bruno_araujo
Frequent Visitor

It turns out the resolution difference was just between the dynamic and static image mode inseide the report on Power Point. I got help form Ms Spandan Gupta from Power BI support team and I'll just leave here the solution that was given by her to help other users too in the future:

Issue Definition:

I'm adding a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint and the images display blurry in PowerPoint even though they can display normally both in Power BI Desktop and Service

Analysis and Resolution:

• In meeting we used the Embed URL for PowerPoint and used that in the PPT. The image of this report page wasn't blur.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bruno_araujo
Frequent Visitor

It turns out the resolution difference was just between the dynamic and static image mode inseide the report on Power Point. I got help form Ms Spandan Gupta from Power BI support team and I'll just leave here the solution that was given by her to help other users too in the future:

Issue Definition:

I'm adding a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint and the images display blurry in PowerPoint even though they can display normally both in Power BI Desktop and Service

Analysis and Resolution:

• In meeting we used the Embed URL for PowerPoint and used that in the PPT. The image of this report page wasn't blur.

Hi @bruno_araujo ,

It's glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. And thanks for sharing your solution here. Much appreciated!

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bruno_araujo ,

You are adding a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint, right? And according to your description, the images display blurry in PowerPoint even though they can display normally both in Power BI Desktop and Service... Please check if you install the proper version of Office build and/or Windows edition, you can find the details in this official documentationThe minimum system requirements are as follows:

• Office version
    • If you have a Microsoft 365 Office subscription: Build number 16.0.13530.20424 or later.
    • If you have a non-subscription version of Office: Office 2021 or later.
  • Windows version
    • If you have a Microsoft 365 Office subscription: Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or Windows 11.
    • If you have a non-subscription version of Office: Windows 10 and above.

In addition, please review the following thread which has the similar problem as yours. Hope its solution can help solve the problem.

Power BI Resolution issue

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, that's exactly the problem you've got it well ^^.

My Office 365 version os ok:

bruno_araujo_0-1663594467064.png

and I'm running it on Windiws 10.

I've followed the link provided and had no sucess on solving the issue.

Any other suggestions?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can raise an issue at https://issues.powerbi.com . If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Thanks man, I'll consider opening this ticket, thanks for the links.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.